- 16 يناير 2021
The Arabic Language Specialist will be providing input for localizing DiDi mobile products, such as translating the app, conducting review work, fixing linguistic bugs, managing outsourced translation projects. At the same time, they will be the “gatekeeper” for in-app language quality, managing the market’s style and terminology guides, and coordinating with many stakeholders including product teams, localization, and marketing teams to align on language content, choices and quality.
● Provide commercial and creative translations from English to Arabic, with emphasis on retaining source content original meaning.
● Review translated app content offline as well as during in-build LQA to ensure language quality.
● Act as an app language quality owner, problem-solving with internal teams to make final decisions about language choices backed by research and an understanding of industry standards
● Curate & update specialized dictionaries, thesauruses and reference guides to confirm closest equivalents for industry-specific terminology
● Consistently research legal, technical and scientific phraseology to ensure appropriate translations.
● Check Arabic content for quality; provide consistent feedback to language vendors in order to improve quality, especially with regard to style
● Drive involvement of regional offices and relevant departments in aligning language assets, such as style guides.
● Assist with localization projects and vision for the rapidly expanding scope of the international business division.
● B.A. in Translation, Linguistics, or similar
● Native Arabic speaker with an excellent command of English
● Minimum 3 years of solid experience as a translator, preferably in software/website localization
● Good understanding of localization and linguistic issues
● Strong communication skills and a keen eye for detail
● Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize tasks
● Familiarity with travel market and culture in Egypt and Middle East Countries
● Self-motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Ability to learn and adapt to new systems, environments and processes quickly
● Experience using TMS tools, especially Memsource